Sunday 22 July 2012

Code 12

For more than six months, my wifi card (Atheros AR5005G) had not been working. Device manager in both vista x86 and windows 7 x64 gave me code 12, the "not enough resources" error.
Google gave me links to several Microsoft websites, who authoritatively informed me that the problem is fixable by uninstalling the device's drivers, rebooting and reinstalling the device's drivers. This, of course, did not work.
Some forums recommend something on the lines of "Check the PCI allocation bus for conflicts" and similar weird alien-jargon–filled requests I have no idea how to do.
One forum member asks the inquirer to check if the card is in properly. A task I can do. So I decide to give the card a wiggle and, lo and behold, it worked. A wiggle. No fancy diagnostic and registry settings. A simple bloody wiggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment